HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

December 12, 2010

2010 Cookie Swap

Hey Everyone!  
Since we are all in the Holiday Spirit from our Blog Hop... I thought I would share with you some pictures of my annual cookie swap that was held today...  It was suppose to be yesterday but the 17 inches of snow (which caused our Metrodome to collapse) made things a little interesting...  

Each year I gather some of my most dear friends and have them over to my home (this year) or we gather at the studio.  Each gal rsvp's her recipe to avoid dups.  Then we each bring 6 cookies for each person that attends.  We each bring one extra set to donate to someone close who is going through a trying time.  This year our set will be heading all the way out to CA!  I can not wait to hear the response, as it is always a BIG surprise for the receiver!  

I didn't get photos of everything (didn't even get of my amazing display of yummy food!) but this should give you a little bit of an idea of what we do... See if you can guess the winner of the Most Creative Packaging?  (Oh yes - Prizes are a MUST!!)  Enjoy!


Centerpiece for the Tablescape of Food
Centerpiece of Table
Flowers in Vase for Bathroom
Little bowl of Candy everywhere...
Paula Dean's Line of Holiday Paperware for this year!
One of the Desserts...
Center of Dessert...
One of the MANY trays of cookies for sampling!

First Packed cookies... more below!




















8 comments:

Karen said...

Ok that made me hungry. It all looks so yummy. I need to start baking soon. I can't believe you got so much snow. I'm so glad we did not get that kind snow here in Omaha. I love my job as a Mail Carrier, but I do not like working in that kind of snow and cold. I'm curious about the star cookies on the sampling plate. What are they? They look so pretty and festive. Thanks for sharing pictures and ideas. Thanks, Karen M

Miss Stacy said...

Hey Karen... The cookies are so yummy! Those are sugar cookie like with dark chocolate.... YUMMY! Then the other stars are Ginger cookies with a firmer white frosting... Also tasty. They were small and cute.

I feel for you being a mail carrier... We didn't even check for the mail yesterday... I wonder how long it took them to get the mail delivered. The roads were aweful all day.

Wish I had more pics to share - the food was pretty cool too... Happy Baking! Stacy

Karen said...

Thanks Stacy! Karen M

SueB said...

OH what fun. the packaging is everything at these events. I have not been to one in years but we used to have them all the time. Just getting together with friends was great. Your exchange looks great.

Darlene said...

Oh, I bet you and your friends had a wonderful time. So many yummy cookie - YUM, YUM, YUM!

I think the winner of the most creative packaging was the person who used the red HO HO HO socks. Very creative! :-)

Mary said...

Everything looks amazing. I love all the gorgeous packaging. I soooo miss doing a cookie exchange. Guess I'll have to be inspired by you and be the organizer here in my new home town. Stay warm!

jackiero said...

Oh my gosh, how beautiful! Amazing is another word I can easily apply to ALL the mouth-watering assortment of chick-goodies shown in your photos :D The center of the cake looks like art, yet my mouth had the ol' saliva revving up. Did you make the cake?
Happy cookie swap & Happy Holidays :) Jackie in NC

Beth said...

fantastic swap. That cake looked awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...