HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

December 7, 2010

Welcome Everyone to Day 11 of the 
Quilt Designer Holiday Blog Hop!  

We are down to the final two...  It is hard to believe Friday is the last "hop" day! I will try to make it a good post!  But in the meantime - I need to introduce to you our next hopper!!!  I'm a little under the weather when I write this, so please bear with me!

Our eleventh Designer is 

Debbie Busby from 


Day eleven brings us to the most beautiful warm hearted gal you will ever meet... Debbie Busby.  Debbie was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. She currently lives in Troutdale Oregon just at the start of the Columbia River Gorge.  She is hands down the kindest gal I have ever been fortunate to meet.  Never once have I seen her without a warm welcome and a big smile on her face.  She truly is a blessing and an inspiration to us all!

I will never forget the first time I had a booth next to Debbie.  We were in MN and our booths were back to back.  I am a little bit of a "rocker" girl so I had the Ipod on (respectfully) and we were setting up our booth and the next thing I knew... is that Debbie's husband came around the corner or peaked through the curtains and asked if I had any Faith Hill or country on that play list!  I didn't know whether I had upset him or... what?  Needless to say, that was him being funny!  I wonder if Debbie even remembers that now that I am writing this!?!

Debbie has also been designing for many years.  Over the course of her amazing career, she has created numerous darling 3 dimensional patterns, dabbled in stitching & fell in love with wool!  Not only does she love to design in wool, she also hand dyes some pretty cool wool.  Her wool has been quite a hit!  So much that she can hardly keep it in stock.  You will have to go check out her website for her yummy wool!  

I think it's also so neat how many of us, like I mentioned in another post - find inspiration from our ancestors.  It's like we all are kindred spirits...  Two years ago her great aunt passed away on December 3rd at 101 years of age.  My great grandmother Lily, also lived to be almost 101.   They both were amazing women.  Here is a little tidbit from her blog... You will have to head on over there to read the rest of it!  Don't forget to check out her project and recipe!  :-)

My first memories of seeing a quilt came from visits to my Aunt Kaddie's house. She was always working on a quilt and when she wasn't there was always one hanging up at the ceiling on a large wooden frame connected to large hooks with rope. I am blessed to have a quilt that she made for me when I was a little girl. A pink and purple hand appliqued butterfly quilt.


Debbie's Great Aunt, Kathleen Mendenhall Yeoman 
I remember her hands in great detail!! She had large hands....they were rough due to the amount of work she had done in her lifetime. She was a single woman who worked, gardened, raised more than her share of kids, canned and did anything else that needed to be done. She rented out rooms in her large old house to single men and did their cooking and laundry for them. I remember she always had tape on her fingers..........from all the quilting.....she wore the tape in place of thimbles.  She loved God and singing hymns. * From Debbie's Blog...


7 comments:

Kathy H said...

thanks for hosting this holiday blog hop. It was fun to meet new bloggers and the recipes and patterns were great. I espcially enjoyed reading everyone's traditions and stories. Hope you have a Merry CHristmas.

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I just recently found Debbie and Wooden Spool Designs and got to place my first order. Her designs are great! I've loved adding to my blog list and finding great designers through the Blog Hop. Great fun!

Karen said...

Thank you so much for hosting this Christmas blog hop. I have really enjoyed all the fun projects and recipes. It's been so fun reading everyone stories and meeting new designers. Can't wait to your project day. Happy Holidays! Karen M

Ellen S said...

I can't wait for tomorrow!! and I'm sad also, that this is our last day for the holiday blog hop!!! This has been a lot of fun and has given all of us something to look forward to!! Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!!!

Ellen

Miss Stacy said...

Hey Gals! Thanks for all your support and kind words... It's been a blast to bring this hop to each of you... Off to finish my post. Hope you like my project for tomorrow! (I know my cookies are yummmmy!!!) We've a few already!!!

Miss Stacy said...

Hey Gals! Thanks for all your support and kind words... It's been a blast to bring this hop to each of you... Off to finish my post. Hope you like my project for tomorrow! (I know my cookies are yummmmy!!!) We've a few already!!!

Miss Stacy said...

Hey Gals! Thanks for all your support and kind words... It's been a blast to bring this hop to each of you... Off to finish my post. Hope you like my project for tomorrow! (I know my cookies are yummmmy!!!) We've a few already!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...