HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

January 5, 2015

Do you have a WORD of the Year? I DO!

2*0*1*5  WOW!
I remember my grandpa Fred saying that the years start going by quicker and quicker as you get older!  I didn't believe him then... but I sure do now! 
 
New Year's Resolutions?  Word of the Year?
 
After so many years at failing New Year's resolutions..
 a girl just gives up hope on them and switches to the "WORD" of the year! 
 
They say, "Sometimes a single word can change everything!" I believe that! 
 
A couple of years ago I struggled with "believing"... {Trust me- the list of what I struggled with is far too long to list here!!! LOL!}  So, I choose the word BELIEVE, hoping that it had the potential to inspire me & create intention in my life!  I incorporated it into my thoughts and goals over the last couple of years.  The word believe itself spoke volumes to me and I ended up getting a tattoo on my left wrist just to remind me to BELIEVE! 
That "WORD" is amazing and it has really been my saving grace!
 
 
 Now that you know I am a thinker, dreamer and not afraid to live my life out loud 
{with the hope of encouraging or inspiring others}...
 
My "WORD" for 2015 is CELEBRATE! 
 
 
 As many of you know my mother was a very big part of my life and my company... the last few years she was very ill and most days lived in fear of what could or would happen to her...most days she simply existed, and was scared to embrace life and enjoy the journey, even on her good days!   During that time, we {mainly me} felt like we should not be celebrating the "simple and big joys" that came our way... our {my} focus was always on mom...
 
 
 Fast forward to our family trip over the Holidays to Florida...
I did a lot of thinking, reminiscing and mourning since it was the first Holiday Season without mom.  During that time - I realized, not only have I (we) not celebrated the typical things like Holidays etc.. but also the simple joys in life...  It seems I was always so busy going from one thing to the next that I put off celebrating!  I am so blessed and have so much to celebrate from a wonderful husband & family, a creative gift, an amazing company {that has far exceeded my expectations}, a comfortable lifestyle filled with simple joys & lots of wool, cotton & thread etc...
 
I am going to CHOOSE to CELEBRATE! 
 
 I am no longer waiting until I have the time
 or until I loose the weight
or until the cats stop shedding {lol!}...
 
There are NO do-overs in life...
 
I am going to enjoy every moment!!!
 
BE ready... It is going to be an AMAZING year!
 
 
Are you choosing a ‘Word of the Year’ this year?
I’d love to hear what it is if you feel like sharing it here!

11 comments:

Janet said...

Love your post and it sounds like CELEBRATE is the perfect word for you! Mine's PLAN - last year was Mindful and the year before Focus - neither lived up to the potential I had hoped for and I decided that was because I didn't PLAN!

Janet O. said...

It is an accomplishment to recognize the need to celebrate the little things, even when life isn't going the way you would choose.
I look forward to enjoying a little "celebrating" with you this weekend in Utah! : )

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

My word for 3-4 years has been 'Believe' believe it or not--I tried changing it once--but went back--
I do 'believe' that in order to do any other word in our lives--that we first must believe--I do like the word you have chosen--celebrate--but one must--Believe that one can celebrate each day--
so I will add the word celebrate to mine as well--but I still believe that I need that word 'believe' first!!!
I believe in celebrating 2015!
Smiles di and miss gracie

Marlene said...

Earlier I had posted, persevere...because I need to finish lots of works in progress and get rid of piles and bags that clutter and that are beginning to drive me crazy. But I've thought of a better word, one more positive...."DO."
So that is my word for this year.

Sandi said...

Last year I decided a phrase would work better for me Sew Finish It was to inspire me to finish some UFO's which I did, but not as many as I'd like but to also keep up with ongoing orojects.

The one I've done best on is your collaboration with Lisa Bongran. I just have my January block to do and I'm uo to date, with Lisa's spools I'm not doing as well, lol.

I BELIEVE that A NEW LEAF will be my phrase this year..on that point I should pick up my January block and finish it and get going on my spools.

Unknown said...

Mine is happiness! Thank you for being such an inspiring person. Love and peace.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy, thank you for the beautiful, encouraging post this morning. I have never met you, but can tell you have the sweetest spirit just from your writings. Thanks for reminding us to believe and celebrate life. Our lives are so precious and we need to get as much in as we can, enjoy the good and roll with the bad times. My word has always been hope. I lost it for a short time, then I realized without hope we have nothing at all. Sending some love today,
Symantha T.

Paula DiMattei said...

Thank-you for that wonderfully insightful message. I feel like we are kindred spirits and I am very much in the same place in my life....I needed to hear what you said so eloquently. Happy New Year!!!!

starr said...

My word this year is prudent. "The wisdom of the Prudent is to give thought to their ways....
A prudent woman is someone (I hope that's me) who is hopeful, loving, and kind and yet who will remain disciplined and focused, while being content and generous. Your word" "celebrate" is a perfect addition. Over the last 2 years I too forgot to live life while I dwelled on what I was missing. (Living so far away from family) thank you for your blog. So glad I found it!

Charlotte said...


My word is Hope as my husband battles cancer. But we too will celebrate each day- making the most of it and enjoying all of life's simple pleasures.

Thank you for a most inspiring and thoughtful post.

Blessings to you and your family in 2015.

Charlotte

Carole said...

I like your word of the year! Mine is FOCUS. When there is pain in our life, we tend to numb out. Brene Brown says that you cannot selectively numb out feelings. You numb one you numb them all. So when we no longer experience joy in our life, it is because we are numbing something whether it is stress or whatever. Very much enjoyed reading her book Daring Greatly! It just made sense! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...