HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

October 26, 2010

Check this out!

Hey!

Tonight's post comes to you courtesy of Katherine from Kachary, LA! 


Not too long ago she started working on one of our patterns.  This wall hanging was created and donated to a silent auction.  Check out what she did!  I love the way she had the snowmen heads going up and down rather than across.  Her color choices are awesome!  Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us!  Here is a little note with the picture.....  (FYI - I would have bought it back too!!!!! :-)

Dear Stacy,
Here is my wallhanging. I used wool for the faces and holly/berries. My wide border is an old Christmas print by Bonnie Sullivan. The quilt was machine quilted on a long arm by a friend, plus I tied it in places on the face (didn't want machine quilting everywhere), and hand quilted around the facial features and the holly and berries. Fortunately, I was able to buy it back at the auction and hope my daughter won't try to keep it at her house. I wouldn't mind making another, but want to do the large snowman, next.


Thanks,
Katherine
Zachary, LA



4 comments:

Country Prims said...

What beautiful work and such lovely quilting!

Glad those fello's found their rightful home:)

shazy x

The Wooden Acorn said...

I love it. Nice job!

Beth said...

so cute!!

Miss Stacy said...

Hey-

Didn't she do a GREAT job? I love seeing what everyone does with my designs... Pop me a pic if you gals have anything to share!

Have a great week and check out the BLOG HOP!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...