HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

November 29, 2016

Day 6 of our Home for the Holidays Blog Hop

Welcome back everyone to Day 6, on our Home for the Holidays Blog Hop!  In case you didn't click "refresh" in your browser and didn't get Gail Pan's darling little runner pattern, here is the direct link.  http://gailpandesigns.typepad.com/.  Clicking the home button on a blog or clicking "refresh" gets you back to their current page/blog post!  I try to do as much as I can for you... but once I get you there, you may have to do the above!!!

Speaking of the lovely Gail Pan, here is a pic of her project she created for the hop!!  How cute is this!!  She even used her new fabric line in it!!!


Today I'm sharing something sweet with you!  It's gumdrops!  Each Holiday Season my great grandma and I would go to the dime store and buy Christmas candy!  Gumdrops were always on top of the list!  First, we loved them and second... we needed them for the gumdrop tree!  Grandma had an old fashioned glass candy dish, unique in style and with a glass cover (of course) to hold the gumdrops.  The gumdrop tree was clear & plastic.  We put the gumdrops on the ends to look like ornaments!  Extras were placed on the bottom section to be replace the gumdrops that we are!  Such good memories!!!  Did any of you have a gumdrop tree growing up?


I also have a fun Gumdrop Fudge recipe for you!  I thought this would be a pretty addition to your cookie & candy plates this Holiday Season!!  Here is the link to the recipe!  Enjoy!  http://www.shugarysweets.com/2013/12/gumdrop-fudge

Let's continue hopping, shall we....  Today on our hop features Debbie, from Wooden Spool Designs.  I'll be seeing Debbie tomorrow, as I fly out to teach with her and a few others at Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe in Oregon!  Should be fun!  I'm excited to see what she stitched up for the hop!  Let's head over there and see!!!


See you tomorrow from Oregon!!!!!  Stacy 


6 comments:

Linda said...

Your Gumdrop Tree is a real Christmas Blast from the Past. My Mother had one many, many years ago. We lived with my grandparents and Grandma would insist that we had to cover it every night so it didn't get dusty! Didn't dust fall during the day? I'd wake each morning to this thing on the sideboard with pointy towel-covered arms. She probably would be shocked and maybe amazed at the "dust" my boys ate.Thank you for all the fun and memories.

Unknown said...

I have one of those stashed away somewhere. I may have to get it out this year.

Unknown said...

I have one of those stashed away somewhere. I may have to get it out this year.

Sherrill said...

We DID!! But I forgot about it long ago! Thanks for the memory reminder! HA

Claire said...

What fun memories. We never had one of those but we had a wreath made of hard candy and it had a pair of scissors tied to it so you could cut them off. I would have much preferred gumdrops. What a pretty tree! Thanks to Debbie for the cute pattern.

Jackie said...

Love reading about your memories.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...