HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

June 20, 2015

Saturday Blog Hopping!!!!

Happy Saturday!   
I hope you're looking for a new project to start on because this hop has some quick and easy designs that can be made in an afternoon this weekend!  If you're going to the lake... Just print off the patterns, grab your supplies and stitch away!  The gals really have designed some fabulous projects this round!!!

Wasn't Kathy's project great!  A strawberry needle case! It's be fun having some summer inspired projects in this hop!  Typically, we tend to go design more for fall & winter so this hop has been so refreshing!  I hope you're enjoying it!  

I'm also excited to enjoy today's day with designer Lori, from Notforgotten Farm!  I know she's an avid handwork gal so I know it's going to be a fun one!  I am hoping she shares some pics of her gardens!  She has numerous gardens and has a husband who loves to get out and work with her in them!  I'm excited!!! Here's Lori's thoughts on summer!

Favorite Summer Memory: 
Playing on the shoreline in Connecticut, walking in the sand & collecting seashells…oh how I miss that! but I still have my shell collections ~

Usually shoot off a couple of fireworks, fire up the grill and make our favorite foods ~ My Mom famous Cole Slaw is a staple for our Summertime dining, and I'm sharing that recipe with you below :)

Green Thumb or Not?   
 Yes, green thumb {thankfully} Peter & I both love to work in our veggie/flower/herb gardens ~ we actually just put in a kitchen garden right out our back door so we have easy access to our fresh home-grown goodness ~

Favorite Fair Food: 
Funnel Cakes & Candy Apples…oh & Kettle Corn too!

Favorite Summer Drink & Farmer’s Market Find: 
We make freshly sun-brewed Iced Tea with fresh mint from our garden ~ nothing says Summer more than that to us….we have a few local Farmers Markets nearby where we can purchase local honey ~ to sweeten our iced tea of course :)

Summer Designs You are Working on:
 In the Summer, I work on Autumn/Winter designs, so at the moment I am in-between projects…

Favorite Quote:
My Favorite Quote is actually an Old English rhyme, and it goes:
 What do you suppose?
a bees sat on my nose.
Then what do you think?
she gave me a wink…
and said "I beg your pardon,
I thought You were the Garden!"

June 15-25 will feature...
Cheri * Quilts by Cheri
Debbie * Wooden Spool Designs
Tracy * Plum Cute Designs
Ali * Ali Strebel Designs
Kathy * The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
Lori * Notforgotten Farm
Meg * Crabapple Hill
Gail * Gail Pan Designs
Stacy * Buttermilk Basin
Sheri * Calico Moon

Please cut & paste the link...and head over to Lori's blog for a great design!

www.farmhousenotforgotten.blogspot.com



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...