HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

June 21, 2015

Blog Hopping, Planting & Missing my Momma!

Welcome back for another day of our Summerthyme Blog Hop!
Yesterday's project was so sweet!  Lori from Notforgotten Farm designed a scissor key fob!  How perfect for you handwork gals who love to do cross stitch!  If you haven't got back into cross stitch... this would be a great project to start with!  It is very doable!

Switching gears...Yesterday was the 1st anniversary of my mother's passing.... and today we celebrated the life of my neighbor, Jeff.  I can't believe how different life is without mom.  I'm still very emotional and still miss her dearly!  Our neighborhood is also different without Jeff!  He was such a funny & kind hearted guy!  So hard loosing such amazing people in our lives... trying to find comfort in knowing that they are both in peace & pain free...  

Today I finally took time to plant my flowers in pots to place in my vintage piece that was given to me by an awesome customer, April!  I love it and still am amazed she had no use for it!  I'm happy to put it to good use!  I can't wait to see the flowers grow & fill in!  Don't you just love it?!!!!

Before I send you on your way to Meg's website, I will share Kathy's & Meg's recipes with you!  I know many of you are printing off the recipes to add to your collection~so here are their's to enjoy!  They are both keepers!!!

June 15-25 will feature...
Cheri * Quilts by Cheri
Debbie * Wooden Spool Designs
Tracy * Plum Cute Designs
Ali * Ali Strebel Designs
Kathy * The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
Lori * Notforgotten Farm
Meg * Crabapple Hill
Gail * Gail Pan Designs
Stacy * Buttermilk Basin
Sheri * Calico Moon

Hope you continue to enjoy the hop!!!  Please cut & paste the link...and head over to Meg's blog for her complimentary design!

www.crabapplehillstudio.com

7 comments:

belarmina said...

Mi deseo que el dolor de la perdida de tu madre,
se mitigue pronto, y los grandes y buenos recuerdos llenen tu vida en adelante
abrazos

belarmina said...

Mi deseo que el dolor de la perdida de tu madre,
se mitigue pronto, y los grandes y buenos recuerdos llenen tu vida en adelante
abrazos

Quiltgirl2856 said...

I don't see the link

elmersmum said...

I don't see the link, either. :>(

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey, thanks for posting the picture of Kathy's recipe, this would be also great for a winter dessert, or just breakfast - before the toast! :D

I know how you feel at missing your Mum. When I told my parish priest about my Mum's terminal illness, he must have asked one of the older ladies (someone I got on with) to ring me and be a comfort through the coming months. When she rang she shared a story from when she lost her own Mum 25yrs previously, and told me that some time she still gets out 2 cups for a morning tea break. I had seen her do this, so I was well prepared for what might be my 'thing'. Well, for me, it's every time I pick up a needle (any style), or get out my sewing machine and, thanks to the advise of my friend Ginny, I just go with it and have been doing that for 18yrs now.

(((hugs))) My friend, it doesn't get easier, just more tolerable with every new technique or style learned and project finished.

Marian

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I looked high and low at the crabapple hill site and never could find their project. :-(

Anonymous said...

I think it is under the Freebies tab on the home page

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...